Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care
This book is an essential, thorough, very practical guide to understanding and caring for your rabbit. By following the advice in this book, both rabbit owners and veterinary health professionals report healthier and more content rabbits.
Developed from the successful Norwegian text Den Store Kaninboka (The Big Book of Rabbits) by the award-winning author Marit Emilie Buseth, Rabbit Behaviour, Health and Care will help you:
- - develop an understanding of the rabbit’s nature, which will help you to spot normal and abnormal behaviour;
- - learn about the correct living conditions in which to keep domestic rabbits, in terms of their behavioural, physical and social needs;
- - acquire essential knowledge about rabbit nutrition, dentistry and disease;
- - discover a new and improved approach to rabbit-keeping through stories and case examples of real rabbits;
- - gain a rewarding owner–pet relationship.
Rabbits are extremely popular pets, but misconceptions about their care and behaviour are widespread. Most illnesses or behaviour problems are a direct or indirect result of poor nutrition and care. This book helps veterinarians and rabbit owners to overcome these challenges by understanding the rabbit’s nature and needs.
Table of contents:
- Foreword to the Norwegian Edition
- 1. The Origins and Development of Rabbits
- 2. The Rabbit as a Companion Animal
- 3. Behaviour, Learning and Communication
- 4. Social Rabbits
- 5. From Snout to Tail
- 6. Rabbit Nutrition
- 7. Neutering
- 8. Cleanliness and Hygiene
- 9. Rabbit Housing and Conditions
- 10. House Rabbits and Rabbit-proofing of the Home>
- 11. Life Outdoors
- 12. Reproduction and Breeding Control
We know how important it is to get your goodies to you efficiently and cost effectively too; our delivery rates start from just £2.99, and a range of delivery options ensures we can meet your own particular requirements, including FREE DELIVERY to the mainland UK on orders over £45! (Exclusions apply).
Where you have a preference, you can even choose the courier we use to ship your order. Weekend deliveries will generally be shipped by DPD, and if your preferred courier option has already departed for the day, we'll use the next available courier to prevent delay, unless you expressly ask us not to use an alternative. Please note, if your order is bulky or heavy, we may not be able to ship by your prefered option as some carriers have weight/parcel/size limitations. If this is the case, we will ship it by the best carrier available.
Our FREE DELIVERY offer is open to mainland UK, on orders over £45, and to a maximum weight of 22kg, and excludes heavy orders or bulky items due to courier restrictions. Please contact us with any queries on this.
Orders can be dispatched by post (1st or 2nd class tracked, parcels upto 2kg with prices from £2.99), or by courier - and we have range of couriers available, so please just let us know if you have a preference.
A weekend delivery service and a Priority Dispatch service for urgent items is also available to the mainland uk.
We always aim to dispatch your order within 24 hours (weekdays), though this may take a little longer during busy periods.
If you have an urgent requirement - such as needing medicines quickly - please contact us (by phone if it's really urgent). We will do all we physically can to dispatch your order right away and we can advise on the best shipping method to meet your needs.
All our delivery services operate within the current COVID guidelines for your safety. If you have any particular COVID-related requirements, please just let us know.
For full delivery information please click here