We use 3 types of cookies - the digital kind improves your shopping experience, we enjoy the chocolate kind with tea, & we stock Meadow Hay Cookies for the little ones.
To accept cookies (the digital kind), please continue browsing as normal. Read our cookies policy for details.
Oh, and we stock Cookie Cutters if you fancy making some yourself!
Rabbit Medicine & Surgery for Veterinary Nurses
This exciting book contains all of the most crucial information about rabbits, including a brief natural history and chapters on nutrition, behaviour and medical and surgical nursing. It examines key areas in detail and explores emerging concepts.
Recent trends show that rabbits are fast becoming one of the most popular mammalian pets. The role of nursing has also evolved in recent years. Veterinary nurses now have more involvement and responsibility for the care of their patients. This book reflects these new developments in both its approach and contents.
• Written by two experts in the field with a wealth of experience of treating rabbits, as well as educating veterinary nurses.
• Includes innovative chapters on rabbit clinics, owner education and evidence-based veterinary medicine.
• Contains a section with rich colour illustrations.
Table of Contents
1. Rabbits – A Natural History.
2. Anatomy and Physiology.
5. Rabbit Behaviour.
6. Restraint, Handling, Anaesthesia, Analgesia and Fluid Therapy.
7. Diagnostic Imaging.
8. General Concepts of Nursing.
9. Specific Aspects of Medical and Surgical Nursing.
10. First Aid and Emergency Procedures.
11. Rabbit Clinics and Owner Education.
12. Research and Evidence Based Medicine.
Appendix 1 Formulary.
Appendix 2 Poisonous Plants.
Appendix 3 Useful Contacts
Targetted at veterinary nurses but also invaluable for anyone involved in critical care, including rescuers and involved owners.
Authors: Mary Fraser, Simon Girling
Publish date: February 2009
All available delivery options to your area can be seen at any time by visiting the View Cart page.
For more information on our shipping please refer to our delivery information page.
For more information please refer to our Returns information Page